Monday, April 5, 2010

Fabulous and free.....


Can a woman really have enough shoes?

Just think of all the activities women do in one day, and how each outfit/activity requires a different shoe. Just ask my best friend Liz who keeps all her pretty shoes in their original shoe boxes (with all the original tissues and stuffing). She also calls these pretty shoes her ‘investments’. How are the investments, I sometimes ask her, and her answer is usually; you should see my portfolio (the shoe closet), its getting bigger as the weather gets warmer. Although Liz is an import to Montreal from Toronto, I didn’t tell her what Town Shoes is doing this spring…..as we don’t have a Town Shoes here in Montreal (but we do have poutine!!)

I was at Town Shoes last week in Vancouver (The Pacific Center) the employees had pins on that read ‘I own x pairs of shoes, how many do you own?' On top off the fabulous thought of multiple pairs of shoes, Town Shoes is offering one free pair per month…… Imagine, carte blanche on one pair of shoes every month for an entire year, and they have 12 winners to announce!! (I really, really hope I become a lucky winner). I was served by a great young woman named Marie from Dublin Ireland, she signed me up for the contest, and this is after I asked her what part of England she was from!

People from the West Coast are so friendly; my theory is that it is due to all the sunshine, yoga and Stanley Park exercise they get.

While in Vancouver I also had the pleasure of meeting the enthusiastic sales force at Ronson’s shoes. Organized product knowledge nights are the best way to send your brand message and being the original casual footwear brand, we have a really interesting 52 year brand history. I have also been told we give away the best swag bags at the end of our PK sessions. Speaking of the best gifts, if you buy a pairs of Hush Puppies at participating retailers this month, you will get a fabulous snake print, faux patent leather bag, with stylish wood handles. Did I mention that this is free! Its not a free pair of shoes per month for an entire year, but it is stylish and screams summer time.…
** This picture was taken at the HP offices and was taken using my Blackberry Curve**
~Happy Spring Shoe Shopping~……….

V

No comments:

Post a Comment